The Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF) applies to all staff who are employed under Agenda for Change (AFC) terms and conditions. It is a broad framework which supports a fair and consistent approach to Personal Development Planning and Review (PDP&R).
The PDP&R process enables staff to discuss what matters to them in their role, be clear about what’s expected of them and receive feedback, as well as having the opportunity to review any learning, development and support required. TURAS Appraisal is the electronic tool used to support that process and record the outcomes from it.
The resources below are designed to assist staff and managers to have meaningful PDP&R conversations and to record the outcomes effectively on TURAS Appraisal.
PDP&R – Guidance for Managers and Reviewers
An important part of the PDP&R process is the conversation between reviewer and reviewee. The annual review provides an opportunity to build on the regular conversations that you have with your team throughout the year.
The information below forms part of a Learning Pathway which details a range of resources to help you prepare for and conduct effective PDP & Review discussions with staff and ensure they are recorded on TURAS Appraisal.
Developing Your Staff Learning Resources
Aimed at managers and reviewers this 60 minute webinar will refresh the tools and techniques to create meaningful in-person or online PDP&R conversations that can support team members in their job role and with their wellbeing and career development. We will discuss:
- Making the experience meaningful and effective
- Building discussion around wellbeing and development
- Practical ways to ensure that the conversation is captured and complete on the system
- Sharing resources and support you can takeaway.
The next dates for the live Webinars are:
|Monday 29th August at 3.30 pm||Click here to book|
|Wednesday 21st September at 1.30 pm||Click here to book|
|Tuesday 25th October at 8.30 am||Click here to book|
Developing Your Staff – Meaningful Reviews (People Management) Learning Resource
Supporting the development of your staff is an essential part of your role. It ensures that your team members develop their competence and confidence in order to provide the best possible service. This learning resource explores underpinning values, tools and techniques to support continuing development.
To view the resource details and booking information click here.
PDP&R – Guidance for Reviewees
An important part of the PDP&R process is the conversation between the reviewer and reviewee. The annual review provides an opportunity to build on the regular conversations about performance and development that you have had with your manager throughout the year.
There are a range of resources detailed within the Learning Pathway to help you prepare for and participate in effective PDP & Review discussions with your reviewer and record these on TURAS Appraisal.
TURAS Appraisal Guidance
How can I access TURAS Appraisal?
If you have previously logged on to your account and have forgotten your password please use the “Cannot access your account?” link below the sign in button.
If you are a new user or you do not already have a user name and password please contact the Learning and Education Team by email on HR Portal – NHS GGC HR (service-now.com) or call 0141 278 2700 (12700 internally) choose option 3. Telephone support is available Monday to Friday 10.00am – 3.00pm.
Please provide your GGC payroll number when you contact the team by email or telephone to enable us to search for your account.
Turas Appraisal development
Development of new pages and features will continue on Turas Appraisal so keep checking our update section to find out what is new.
Features available to use now
We currently have access to a manager, reviewer and a reviewee page. Agenda for Change users can:
- View historic data recorded on e-KSF (if data was recorded)
- View their KSF Post Outline
- View all the guidance and videos embedded in the system
- Record Personal Development Plans
- Record Objectives
- Record KSF Progress
- Record the Discussion Summary
- Confirm and agree
- On-screen alert where there is an outstanding action (bell icon)
- View all other Turas applications they have registered for such as Turas Learn and Turas e-Portfolio.
- Line managers can assign KSF Post Outlines to staff
- Line managers can assign reviewers to staff members that they manage but do not review.
For managers and reviewers
- The team progress dashboard that has been developed for managers and reviewers is now live and provides managers and reviewers with real-time information on their staff’s KSF Reviews, PDPs and Objectives. The dashboard also has a “to do” list that shows any outstanding actions that need to be signed off.
The next feature currently under development is alerts and notifications. Alerts will be generated when an action is required. Meanwhile on screen alerts provide this information on the form of a bell icon. Also real time information is available to managers and reviewers by using their Team Progress Dashboards on their Turas Appraisal accounts.