NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC) is the largest NHS organisation in Scotland and one of the largest in the UK.
What we do
NHSGGC is responsible for providing and managing a whole range of health services including hospitals and General Practice. NHSGGC works alongside partnership organisations including Local Authorities and the voluntary sector.
Facts and figures about NHSGGC
- Serves a population of 1.14million people
- Employs around 39,000 staff
- Has 35 hospitals of different types
- Has contracts with around 242 GP Surgeries (790 General Practitioners)
- Has dental services in more than 270 locations
- Has almost 180 Optician practices
- Has over 50 Health Centres and Clinics
- Has more than 300 Pharmacies
- Has an annual budget of £3.1billion.
NHSGGC serves the people of:
- East Dunbartonshire
- East Renfrewshire
- Glasgow City
- West Dunbartonshire.