Home > Contact Us > Complaints


We aim to provide the highest quality services possible. We aim to do this by delivery of safe, effective and person-centred care. The vast majority of our patients have a good experience. We do not underestimate the emotional, and sometimes physical, impact on people who have a less positive experience.

The views of people who use our services help us to make continuous improvements. Our complaints process is a key component of this.

This page is to give you guidance on how to make a complaint if you wish to do so.

How to complain

Please speak to the person or team responsible if you are not happy with your treatment, or the treatment of someone you care about. This would be for example the nurse in charge of a ward, or the practice manager at a GP surgery.

If your complaint is about hospital services and you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can contact us.

If you wish to complain about your GP Practice but are finding this difficult, we can help (See ‘Complaints about Family Health Services’ below). If you need help you can contact us using the details below, by emailing complaints@ggc.scot.nhs.uk, or by post. We will treat your complaint as formal in line with our Complaints Policy and Procedure.

We usually ask you to put your complaint in writing so that the terms of the complaint are clear. We can help you to do this if you need help. We can give you advice about where to get independent help in making your complaint.

Complaints about hospital services

For complaints about all acute hospital services across Glasgow and Clyde, you can:

Call: 0141 201 4500

Email: complaints@ggc.scot.nhs.uk

Write to us at:

Complaints Department
North East Sector Offices,
Stobhill Hospital
300 Balgrayhill Road
G21 3UR

Complaints about the NHS Board

For complaints about the NHS Board’s functions, you can write to us at:

Complaints Department
North East Sector Offices,
Stobhill Hospital
300 Balgrayhill Road
G21 3UR

Complaints about Health and Social Care Partnerships

The Health a Social Care Partnerships (HSCPs) deliver adult social care services and all community health services for adults and children in their area.

For complaint about a service managed by a Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP), not hospitals, please contact:

East Dunbartonshire

Complaints Department
Kirkintilloch Health & Care Centre
10 Saramago Street
G66 3BF

Phone: 0141 232 8237

Email: EastDun.HSCPComplaints@ggc.scot.nhs.uk

East Renfrewshire HSCP

Deborah Gray
Complaints Administrator
Eastwood Health & Care Centre
Drumby Centre
G76 7HN

Phone: 0141 451 0505

Email: Deborah.Gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk

Glasgow City HSCP

Glasgow City HSCP
Commonwealth House
32 Albion Street
G1 1LH

Phone: 0141 287 0130

Email: GCHSCPComplaints@ggc.scot.nhs.uk


Inverclyde HSCP Quality and Complaints Officer
Hector McNeil House
7 – 8 Clyde Square
PA15 1NB

Phone: 01475 715280

Email: pccsp.swork@inverclyde.gov.uk

Renfrewshire HSCP

Renfrewshire HSCP
Renfrewshire House
Cotton Street

Phone us: 0141 618 7659

Website: Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership – Complaints (hscp.scot)

Email: renfrewshireHSCP.Complaints@ggc.scot.nhs.uk

West Dunbartonshire

West Dunbartonshire Health & Social Care Partnership HQ,
Council Offices,
Garshake Road,
G82 3PU

Phone: 01389 776833

Email: wdhscp@west-dunbarton.gov.uk

Complaints About Family Health Services

To complain about a

  • GP surgery
  • An NHS dental surgery
  • An NHS optician’s practice
  • A community pharmacy.

Please contact them direct.

If you are not comfortable doing this, we can help you find the best way to complain. We may be able to act as an intermediary to resolve any differences before you proceed with a formal complaint. We could help you agree with the practice how your complaint will be dealt with. Please note that we cannot complain on your behalf or respond to your complaint on behalf of the Family Health Services. That is a matter between you and the G.P or dental practice, optician or pharmacy. For help with this or for further advice on how to complain about these services, contact:

Business Administration Manager
Family Health Service Complaints
Glasgow City HSCP Headquarters
Commonwealth House
32 Albion Street
G1 1LH

Phone: 0141 287 0130

Email: GCHPComplaints@ggc.scot.nhs.uk

Patient Advice and Support Service

The NHS in Scotland has in place arrangements to provide a Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) for all NHS users. The service is free, confidential, independent of NHSGGC, and fully impartial.

Helpline telephone number: 0800 917 2127

For more information about this service and to find your local bureau, including contact details:

Useful resources

Policies and leaflets

If you, or someone you know would like a copy of our Complaints Factsheet in another language or format, please call us on 0141 201 4915.

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO)

The SPSO is the final stage for considering complaints about public sector services in Scotland. On completion of a stage 2 complaint investigation you have the option of contacting the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to consider your complaint further if you are unhappy with the outcome. The SPSO will assess whether the treatment provided was reasonable in the circumstances at the time. If you do decide to take your complaint to the SPSO, they do not normally investigate complaints if you have known about the events that happened, or that you became aware of, more than 12 months before complaining.

SPSO contact details

Bridgeside House
99 McDonald Road
Edinburgh EH7 4NS

If you would like to visit in person, you must make an appointment first.

Their freepost address is: FREEPOST SPSO

Freephone: 0800 377 7330