Learning Resource Overview
Supporting the development of your staff is an essential part of your role. It ensures your team members have the competence and confidence to provide the best possible service. This learning resource explores how to maximise the effectiveness of the KSF Personal Development Planning and Review process for your staff team.
How the Learning Resource works
The resource has 2 core elements and links to a wider learning pathway.
- LearnPro e-Learning Module (GGC:166 NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework): contains a range of information and resources to provide underpinning knowledge on the KSF Personal Development Planning and Review process and on good practice in developing your staff. It can be accessed on the LearnPro platform and can be found under the CPD tab.
- Virtual Sessions (1.5 hours) are also available for Reviewers and Managers with the focus on the application of learning around this, in particular to:
- Give participants the opportunity to reflect on their role in developing their staff
- Identify ways to make reviews more meaningful in practice
- Identify key actions to progress KSF PDP&R in participants own area
Who is this Learning Resource aimed at?
Any Manager or KSF Reviewer in NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde who has responsibility for managing or reviewing NHSGGC staff in their teams. This includes Managers and KSF Reviewers employed in integrated Health and Social Care Partnerships who are not directly employed by NHSGGC and require to support NHS staff with their KSF PDP&R.
For Reviewers/Managers who are attending the Virtual Sessions within this resource, there are some pre-requisites prior to attending. They should:
- Complete the LearnPro e-Learning Module (GGC 166 NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework) which provides underpinning knowledge and resources
- Complete the Reflective Template (issued as part of the joining instructions): In order to get the most out of the time during the virtual session, staff are expected to have completed a brief template to capture their reflections/experience of KSF PDP&R in practice.
To ensure maximum impact of these modules we have introduced more extensive evaluation.
As part of the booking process you and your manager will be asked to consider your reasons for attending the module and how outcomes will be measured. We will contact you and your manager approximately 10 weeks after the module to gather feedback on how your learning was applied.
To book a place on the course, please use the eESS Learner self-service facility. From the Learner Home page, enter the course name in the box at the top of the page to see all available dates. You can also use keywords to search for courses. Remember to have your eESS user id and password available to access the system.
Wednesday 10th August 2022, 9:30 – 11:00 (MS Teams)
Monday 12th September 2022, 13:30 – 15:00 (MS Teams)
Wednesday 26th October 2022, 15:00 – 16:30 (MS Teams)
Thursday 10th November 2022, 9:30 – 11:00 (MS Teams)
Monday 5th December 2022, 13:30 – 15:00 (MS Teams)
Tuesday 17th January 2023, 15:00 – 16:30 (MS Teams)
Tuesday 21st February 2023, 9:30 – 11:00 (MS Teams)
Tuesday 14th March 2023, 13:30 – 15:00 (MS Teams)
Wednesday 5th April 2023, 15:00 – 16:30 (MS Teams)
Tuesday 16th May 2023, 9:30 – 11:00 (MS Teams)
Monday 26th June 2023, 15:00 – 16:30 (MS Teams)
Wednesday 26th July 2023, 15:00 – 16:30 (MS Teams)
You will receive detailed joining instructions on how to access the on-line session. Please be ready to log-in at least 5 minutes before the start time.
Please note; booking for each session will close 1 week before the course date to allow time for joining instructions to be sent to delegates.
Guidance on how to search for Learning and Development on eESS OLM can be found here:
- Quick Start User Guide OLM
- How to Search for Learning and Development on eESS OLM
- How to Navigate the System
Full access to all Standard Operating Procedures and e-learning videos is available via: https://www.eess.nhs.scot.
If you have any queries around the KSF PDP&R process, please contact the L&E Support team on LE.Support@ggc.scot.nhs.uk or 0141 278 2700 option 3.