Skip to content
Home > Your Health > Right Care, Right Place > Optometrist (eyes)

Optometrist (eyes)

If you have a problem with your eyes, please visit your local optometrist. Every high street opticians have an optometrist who provides NHS services.

  • If your optician is closed and you can’t wait until it reopens call NHS 24 on 111 right away
  • If you have an eye problem, (such as minor eye infections, scratches or something that is stuck in your eye) you should attend your nearest MIU. For eye injuries that requires immediate emergency treatment, you should go to your nearest A&E.

Children under one should go to the Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow.