In order to receive the full range of dental treatment and care under the NHS, you must be registered with a dentist. Your dentist will then provide regular check ups, planned routine treatment and emergency care, if required.
Which services do NHS dentists provide?
- Routine check ups and any care required
- Advise on how to keep your mouth healthy
- Dental hygiene including scale and polish
- Treatments such as fillings, crowns, tooth removal and root canal treatment
- Wisdom tooth removal
- Bridges and dentures (false teeth)
- Emergency care if required.
Who to contact when your dental surgery is closed
- Call the Dental Advice Helpline on 0141 201 4209
- At night, weekends and holidays, call NHS 24 on 111
- If you are unregistered and require emergency treatment, contact NHS 24 on 111.