Supporting staff is a key part of the manager’s job and this module offers guidance and support on issues relating to promoting employee health and attendance.
This module has a particular focus on supporting staff with mental health and/or stress issues including use of the Stress Risk Assessment tool.
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand the purpose of the NHSGGC Staff Health Strategy and of legislation relating to mental health in the workplace
- Be ready to assess the risks caused by personal stress or work related stress (Stress Risk Assessment Tool)
- Understand the importance of monitoring and review after the risk assessment is completed
- Be aware of the range of resources available to support you and your staff
Course provider; Occupational Health
Who should attend
Any manager in NHSGCC who has responsibility for managing NHSGGC staff in their teams. This includes managers employed in integrated Health and Social Care Partnerships who are not directly employed by NHSGGC.
Familiarity with the following resources will be useful:
Duration; 4 hours
- C1 – Communication
- C3 – Health, Safety and Security
- C6 – Equality and Diversity
- HWB1 – Promotion of Health and Wellbeing
To ensure maximum impact of these modules we have introduced more extensive evaluation.
As part of the booking process you and your manager will be asked to consider your reasons for attending the module and how outcomes will be measured. We will contact you and your manager approximately 10 weeks after the module to gather feedback on how your learning was applied.
To book a place on the course, please use the eESS Learner self-service facility. From the Learner Home page, enter the course name in the box at the top of the page to see all available dates. You can also use keywords to search for courses. Remember to have your eESS user id and password available to access the system.
- 14th September 2022, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
- 17th October 2022, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
- 9th November 2022, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
- 5th December 2022, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
- 19th January 2023, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
- 20th February 2023, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
- 22nd March 2023, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
- 13th April 2023, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
- 18th May 2023, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
- 12th June 2023, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
- 12th July 2023, 09:00 – 13:00 (MS Teams)
You will receive detailed joining instructions on how to access the on-line session. Please be ready to log-in at least 5 minutes before the start time.
Please note; booking for each session will close 1 week before the course date to allow time for joining instructions to be sent to delegates.
Guidance on how to search for Learning and Development on eESS OLM can be found here.
- Quick Start User Guide OLM
- How to Search for Learning and Development on eESS OLM
- How to Navigate the System
Full access to all Standard Operating Procedures and e-learning videos is available via: https://www.eess.nhs.scot.
Workbook; You will find the Workbook here.
If you need any information on specific course content, the venue or booking process, please do not hesitate to contact Learning and Education Support Team on 0141 278 2700 (Option 3).