The course is designed for those responsible for leading teams by developing personal skills in handling difficult conversations with staff and peers. The course will also explore good practice approaches to effective management of challenge.
By the end of this course delegates will:
- Be aware of the reasons why conversations can be difficult
- Have had access to a range of recognised communication models and identify some key elements/steps to help you plan and manage potentially difficult conversations
- Share and discuss hints/tips and practical skills when handling difficult conversations
- Consider the ways to transfer learning from the workshop into practice
Course provider; Learning and Education Team
Who should attend
Any manager in NHSGGC who has responsibility for managing NHSGGC staff in their teams. This includes managers employed in integrated Health and Social Care Partnerships who are not directly employed by NHSGGC.
Pre requisites; There are no prerequisites for this course.
Duration: ½ day
To ensure maximum impact of these modules we have introduced more extensive evaluation.
As part of the booking process you and your manager will be asked to consider your reasons for attending the module and how outcomes will be measured. We will contact you and your manager approximately 10 weeks after the module to gather feedback on how your learning was applied.
- C1 – Communication
- C2 – Person and People Development
- G6 – People Management
To book a place on the course, please use the eESS Learner self-service facility. From the Learner Home page, enter the course name in the box at the top of the page to see all available dates. You can also use keywords to search for courses. Remember to have your eESS user id and password available to access the system.
Guidance on how to search for Learning and Development on eESS OLM can be found here:
- Quick Start User Guide OLM
- How to Search for Learning and Development on eESS OLM
- How to Navigate the System
Full access to all Standard Operating Procedures and e-learning videos is available via: https://www.eess.nhs.scot.
If you need any information on specific course content, the venue or booking process, please do not hesitate to contact the Learning and Education Support Team on 0141 278 2700 (Option 3).
Related e-Learning options are available for this topic via LearnPro:
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Managing Conflict
You will find these under the CPD category. Information and registration for LearnPro.