This is a communication skills online workshop for listening and responding to people who are worried or distressed.
SAGE and THYME workshops support all clinical and non-clinical staff in using the skills needed to notice distress, listen carefully and respond helpfully. Each 2hr 45 minute online workshop demonstrates the communication skills required to provide person-centred support and offers a structured approach for dealing with the concerns of patients and their carers.
The workshop uses a mixture of small group work, lectures and videos. The workshop is delivered online via Zoom.
Learning Outcomes; By the end of the workshop delegates should be able to:
- Recognise the psychological needs of the patient
- Communicate with the patient and provide general psychological support
- As with any training you receive, the use of the information gained in this workshop will be subject to your professional skills and judgement
Course provider; Palliative Care Team
Who should attend; All Staff Groups involved in direct patient care
Pre-requisites; There are no prerequisites for this course
Duration; 2hr 45 minute ( online session)
- C1 – Communication
- C2 – Personal and People Development
- C4 – Service Improvement
- C5 – Quality
- C6 – Equality and Diversity
- G6 – People Management
To book a place, please click on this link Palliative Care Education/Training Calendar
e-Learning: An e-Learning option is not available for this topic via LearnPro