Supporting staff is a key part of the manager’s job and this module offers guidance and support on issues relating to promoting employee health and attendance. The main aspects of attendance management including roles and responsibilities, policy framework, reporting procedures and sources of advice and support will be covered.
By the end of this module delegates will:
- be more familiar with the Attendance Management Policy and good practice
- understand how to use attendance data and its use to identify trigger points
- have developed an understanding of the reporting and recording requirements
- be able to share knowledge of formal and informal approaches and interventions
- be able to promote a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities in attendance management
Course Provider: Human Resources and Learning and Education
Who should attend?
Any manager in NHSGGC who has responsibility for managing NHSGGC staff in their teams. This includes managers employed in integrated Health and Social Care Partnerships who are not directly employed by NHSGGC.
Pre-requisites: Familiarity with the current policy, guidance notes and tools which are found here.
- C1 – Communication
- C2 – Personal and People Development
- C3 – Health, Safety and Security
- C6 – Equality and Diversity
Duration: 3.5 Hours
To ensure maximum impact of these modules we have introduced more extensive evaluation.
As part of the booking process you and your manager will be asked to consider your reasons for attending the module and how outcomes will be measured. We will contact you and your manager approximately 10 weeks after the module to gather feedback on how your learning was applied.
To book a place on the course, please use the eESS Learner self-service facility. From the Learner Home page, enter the course name in the box at the top of the page to see all available dates. You can also use keywords to search for courses. Remember to have your eESS user id and password available to access the system.
Guidance on how to search for Learning and Development on eESS OLM can be found here:
- Quick Start User Guide OLM
- How to Search for Learning and Development on eESS OLM
- How to Navigate the System
Full access to all Standard Operating Procedures and e-learning videos is available via: https://www.eess.nhs.scot.
If you need any information on specific course content, the venue or booking process, please do not hesitate to contact Learning and Education Support Team on 0141 278 2700 (Option 3).