Skip to content

This section will provide direct links and referrals to the following services.

Please click on the required box to access the service:

What to do if you are concerned someone is at risk?

If you are worried that you or someone you know is being harmed, is suffering from neglect, or is being abused, it is important to tell someone. Your report will be treated in confidence. Everyone has a right to be safe.

Make sure they are safe – If immediate help is required phone 999.

During office hours, you can contact Social Care Direct by phone (0141 287 0555) or email

Outwith office hours you can phone Glasgow and Partners Emergency Social Work Services on 0300 343 1505.

  • For Glasgow City please call 0300 343 1505
  • For Eastwood please call 0141 451 0866
  • For Barrhead please call 0141 800 7850 
  • For East Dumbartonshire please call 0300 343 1505

You can also phone Scottish Police non-emergency on 101.

You can also speak to a health professional (for example your doctor or a health visitor) or the police. They will take your concerns seriously.

If you know or suspect that an adult is being harmed then you need to report your concerns. Don’t assume that someone else has already reported it. The person being harmed or neglected may not be able to report it themselves. Remember, the person who did this may be doing it to others too.