Who Are We and What Do We Do?
We are a Board wide Health Improvement Team who promote and reinforce alcohol and drug Public Health Improvement and Equalities across the 6 Integrated Health and Social Care partnerships in Greater Glasgow and Clyde – Glasgow City, Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, West Dunbartonshire, East Dunbartonshire and Inverclyde by working closely with the Alcohol Drug Partnerships and related structures.
Policy and Good Practice
Our team work plan priorities are identified using both national and local policies, guidelines, strategic priorities, alcohol and drug trends and related issues.
We use the findings and recommendations from national and local research to inform our priorities.
Initiatives included in the team work plan are formulated and monitored using the GGC Alcohol and Drug Prevention Framework and related documents.
Alcohol and Drug SNAPSHOT
The Alcohol and Drug SNAPSHOT is a brief update document with information linking to important and interesting articles and research in the topic field.
Additional Support Functions
In addition to our core work plan, members of our team provide supplementary support functions including
- representation on local and Board wide dedicated alcohol and drug structures and allied topic structures, funding and recruitment panels,
- strategic policy development,
- workforce development and networking opportunities,
- resource development and training development, delivery and evaluation,
- consultation, advice and report writing,
- research, monitoring and evaluation,
- commissioning and contract management,
- budget and project management,
- staff recruitment panels, staff induction and on going support
How to Contact Us
Trevor Lakey, Health Improvement and Inequalities Manager – Mental Health, Alcohol and Drugs
Jo McManus, Health Improvement Lead, Drug Prevention and Harm Reduction
Maureen O’Neill Craig, Health Improvement Lead, Alcohol
Graeme Mathew, Health Improvement Senior, Alcohol Brief Intervention
Donald Boyle – Administration Officer, Alcohol Brief Intervention
The website content is under review in line with the refinement of the prevention framework and will be updated in due course.
GGC Alcohol and Drug Health Improvement Team
Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership Headquarters
32 Albion Street