Staff Car Parking Permit holders have access to designated car parks on all sites covered by the NHSGGC Car Parking Policy.
Staff permits are allocated on the basis of frequency of need to use a car to undertake NHS duties, and supply and demand at each site. Details of how to apply for staff permits are available on Staffnet and via local site Facilities Management offices.
A number of parking bays will also be set aside for non-permit holding staff at each of following sites.
- Gartnavel Campus: Area adjacent to transport depot at Shelley Court
- Royal Alexandra Hospital: Various locations at front rear and side of the hospital building
- QEUH: Surface Car Parks: P4, P5, P7
- Stobhill: Adjacent to nursery
- Victoria ACH: Entrance ‘A’
- West Glasgow ACH: Lower car park.
These spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to review of effect on car park management arrangements at each site.
Car Share Permit Information
We encourage staff to car-share where practical and possible. Car sharing can help you reduce your daily travel costs while helping to reduce CO2 emissions at the same time. You can take turns driving and you don’t have to do it every day. It’s completely flexible.
Regular car-sharers save on average £80 a month – that’s nearly £1000 per year! They drastically reduce CO2 emission which helps towards a healthier and happier community.
Please note that car share permits are available on selected sites, West Glasgow ACH, QEUH, Gartnavel Hospitals Campus and RAH.
- Reduce your individual carbon footprint.
- Make new friends.
- Reduce stress, share the driving.
- No need to change your insurance.
Car Share information and application form
- Contact the travel plan office by email email@example.com or phone 0141 451 1646 or 0141 451 1647.
- Complete the Application Form for each car share team member. This is an online process, via Staffnet, and the travel plan office will process your application and notify applicants within 10-14 working days. *only available through intranet.
Permit holders must observe the following terms and conditions
Permit holders must observe the following terms and conditions.
- Permits can only be used for car share journeys and must not be used for single occupancy journeys. If team members are on leave then the car share permit cannot be used.
- Please ensure your car share team is still in place when you enter the car parks as attendants will be monitoring the car share permit spaces.
- The permit is issued for use by members of the car share group ONLY. It is not transferable and must not be used for single occupancy journeys.
- Misuse or breaches will result in the permit being withdrawn.
- Notify the Travel Plan office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your team membership changes.
- Please notify by return if you no longer require a car share permit.
- Staff are encouraged to extend the membership of their car sharing teams and are encouraged to find additional matches for your commute.
For more information contact Travel Plan Office on 0141 452 1467  or email travelPO@ggc.scot.nhs.uk
There has been some concern recently regarding insurance for those officially car sharing
The Association of British Insurers is supportive of car sharing and have agreed that insurance cover will not be affected if passengers contribute towards your journey costs (including fuel, vehicle depreciation and associated vehicle running costs), as long as lifts are given in a vehicle seating eight passengers or less. The principle being that a profit is not made from private travel.
Over 300 insurance providers are members of the ABI, accounting for about 95% of the motor insurance market in the UK. Drivers with any concerns, however, should check with their own insurance company as terms and conditions may vary between insurance providers over time.