Thank you for supporting the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde COVID-19 Vaccination Programme, one of the Health Board’s largest vaccination programmes ever undertaken.
NHSGGC have received thousands of applications from individuals who are interested in becoming COVID-19 Vaccinators or COVID-19 Healthcare Support Worker Vaccinators. Applications for new individuals are currently suspended whilst the existing applications are processed.
Any future opportunities will be advertised on the NHS Scotland Recruitment website. Be sure to sign up for job alerts on the NHS Scotland Recruitment to receive notifications when NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde are accepting more applications for COVID-19 Vaccinators or COVID-19 Healthcare Support Worker Vaccinators.
COVID-19 Vaccinator Eligibility
To work as a COVID-19 Vaccinator, you must hold current registration in one of the eligible occupations:
- Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) – all occupations.
- General Medical Council (GMC) – all levels (excluding FY1 doctors).
- General Dental Council (GDC) – Dentist, Dental Hygienist, Dental Therapist.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) – Chiropodist / Podiatrist, Dietitian, Occupational Therapist, Orthoptist, Paramedic, Physiotherapist, Prosthetists / Orthotist, Radiographer, Speech and Language Therapist.
- General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) – Pharmacist.
- General Optical Council (GOC) – Optometrist.
CVOVID-19 Healthcare Support Worker Vaccinators
If you do not hold a current registration in one of the occupations listed above, you may be eligible to apply to work as a COVID-19 Healthcare Support Worker Vaccinator.
Rates of Reimbursement
The rates of pay are guided by the Scottish Government. As of 04 March 2022, they are as follows:
- All COVID-19 Vaccinators, regardless of profession or experience, will be reimbursed on the Band 5 Agenda for Change payscale.
COVID-19 Healthcare Support Worker Vaccinators
All COVID-19 Vaccinator Healthcare Support Workers, regardless of profession or experience, will be reimbursed on the Band 3 Agenda for Change payscale.
In conjunction with the Scottish Government, NHS Education for Scotland (NES) and pharmaceutical organisations, a wealth of training has been developed in a short space of time, in order to keep yourself and our patients safe. NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde have developed a training schedule in which all COVID-19 Vaccinators and COVID-19 Healthcare Support Workers must demonstrate competence in.
The training schedule will be updated, as new vaccines are developed and the vaccination programme evolves.
- The current training schedule for COVID-19 Vaccinators can be accessed here.
- The current training schedule for COVID-19 Healthcare Support Worker Vaccinators can be accessed here.
As part of the COVID-vaccinator recruitment process, you will be asked to confirm (and provide evidence, where possible) that you meet the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde COVID-19 Vaccinator or COVID-19 Healthcare Support Worker Vaccinator training schedule.
Please note: Due to the sheer volume of applications received, there may be a delay in receiving your practical / induction training session. The NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Staff Bank are arranging training shifts as soon as spaces become available. We would like to thank you for your patience during this time.