To provide effective and high quality health and safety, moving and handling and violence and aggression advice, guidance, training and education to managers and staff, to enable them to ensure that NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde complies with relevant legislation and provide the best and safest possible healthcare for patients, staff and others.
Our vision is to provide excellence in all aspects of our Service, thereby reducing work related accidents, ill health and injury to our staff and patients, year on year, by creating a positive health and safety culture across NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde.
This page has links to the rest of our site and more information of our service including contact details.
The Health and Safety Service is made up of a number of teams and services. Contact details for each team is available through the internal email system Health.Safety@ggc.scot.nhs.uk or through the main HR contact number: 0141 278 2700 (Option 4).
Further information on the teams
Health and Safety Team
Health and Safety Team covers:
- North Sector, Regional Services Directorate and PPSU
- South and Clyde Sectors and Women & Children and Diagnostic Directorate
- Facilities Directorate and all Corporate functions
Moving and Handling Teams
There are three Moving and Handling Teams:
- Acute Services North Team which covers everything north of the river, the new children’s hospital and renal services
- Acute Services South Team which covers everything south of the river, with the above exceptions
- Partnerships Team which covers all Partnerships within NHSGGC.