The Spiritual Care Team at NHSGGC are part of the broader health and social care team. A number of specially trained Healthcare Chaplains work across the Board area, including all of our hospital sites.
The service is there to support patients, carers, volunteers and staff, and offer compassionate, person-centred care to people of all backgrounds, faiths, belief groups, and none.
The Spiritual Care Team can support you if you are:
- Coping with loss or bereavement
- Feeling anxious, worried or afraid
- Dealing with a new diagnosis or difficult news
- Undergoing or recovering from surgery
- Needing support with your faith or values
- Trying to make sense of your situation
- Simply in need of someone to listen sensitively to all you are dealing with.
There is a Sanctuary on most of our hospital sites and you are very welcome to spend time there. The Sanctuary offers a quiet space, a place for reflection or prayer, and has a range of reading materials and religious items available for your use.
You can contact one of our Chaplains Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm by calling one of the numbers below, or ask a member of staff to contact the service for you.
- Beatson and Gartnavel General Hospital: 0141 211 3026
- Gartnavel Royal Hospital and Stobhill Site: 0141 211 3686
- Rowanbank Clinic: 0141 211 3686
- Glasgow Royal Infirmary and Lightburn Hospital: 0141 211 4661
- Inverclyde Royal Hospital: 01475 504 759
- Leverndale and Dykebar Hospitals: 0141 211 6695
- Royal Hospital for Children: 0141 452 4017
- Royal Alexandria Hospital and Vale of Leven: 0141 314 9561
- Queen Elizabeth University Hospital and New Victoria ACH: 0141 452 3221.
If you need to contact us outwith working hours, please leave non-urgent messages on our secure voicemail service or ask a member of staff to make contact for you. If you have a general enquiry you can email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org