The hospital is based at Inverclyde Royal Hospital and is open Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm.
Patients are referred to the hospital by their Geriatric consultant or other health care professional. The hospital has a multi disciplinary team approach and runs:
- 3 consultant led Clinics: Falls, Stroke Prevention and Movement Disorder.
- 3 nurse led Clinics: Stroke, Stroke Prevention and Parkinson’s.
The hospital also:
- Has 2 designated ambulances, 1 funded by delayed discharge.
- Offers a fast track assessment service, jointly funded by Health and Social Services.
- Offers a medical review by Staff Grade doctor normally within 24/48 hours.
The hospital treats patients over 65yrs of age and has funding for 30 places per day.