GIRFEC – Getting It Right For Every Child is the national approach in Scotland to improving outcomes and supporting the wellbeing of our children and young people by offering the right help at the right time from the right people. It supports them and their parent(s) to work in partnership with the services that can help them.
At NHSGGC we have a key role to play, whenever we come into contact with children and young people – whether we are caring directly for them, or other members of their family or household. Where extra support is needed, the GIRFEC approach aims to make that support easy to access and seamless, with the child at the centre.
- Frequently Asked Questions – start here for answers to the most commonly asked questions about Getting it right for every child
- A set of leaflets explaining more about GIRFEC for ‘named persons’ and parents
- Find out more at the main GIRFEC website from the Scottish Government
- Further guides and resources are available here
- Follow Getting it right for every child on Twitter @girfec
Local Authorities across our Health Board area are partners in GIRFEC