Adult Dermatology within Greater Glasgow and Clyde has a number of hospital departments including:
- Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (Area J, Second Floor)
- New Victoria Hospital (Clinic G, First Floor)
- Glasgow Royal Infirmary (Walton Building, Link Corridor)
- Stobhill Hospital (Clinic J, Second Floor)
- Royal Alexandra Hospital (First Floor)
- Inverclyde Royal Hospital
- Vale of Leven Hospital
- West Glasgow ACH / Yorkhill (First Floor)
Most dermatological conditions can be managed by your GP in Primary Care, but the main conditions which we manage in hospital dermatology include more severe variants of inflammatory skin diseases such as Psoriasis and Eczema, Acne and also skin cancers such as Melanoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
We offer different treatments including creams and ointments, oral /injection treatments, ultraviolet phototherapy and skin surgery.
Some useful dermatology online patient links and self-help articles can be found on the following webpages:
- British Association of Dermatologists online patient hub
- British Association of Dermatologists Patient Information leaflets
- DermNet NZ
When attending a Hospital Out Patient Clinic Appointment, please check the date and time on your letter or text message and arrive on time allowing for time to park as on site car-parking can be difficult or some distance away. You may consider attending by alternative means such as public transport or being dropped-off.
Most dermatology clinic appointments are around 10 – 15 mins. The time slot allocated is matched to the specific dermatology referral query from your GP and so other unrelated conditions may not be assessed or you may be asked to discuss these with your GP.
Senior Doctors, as listed on your appointment letter, supervise a whole team of specialist trainees and nurses so it may not always be necessary for you to see the named Consultant.
Dermatology can now use Virtual Consultations including photo images and video. You may be offered a Virtual or Digital Assessment and details on these services can be found here: