This half day course aims to help staff to become aware of signs that adults may be being harmed and to know how to respond.
It is being run for multi agency groups of staff to support participants to work together across services in order to effectively support and protect adults.
This course is aimed at staff that have not previously completed adult protection training. If you consider that you may be asked to act as a Second Worker during an ASP investigation then you should apply for the Second Worker training.
You should only apply for either the Multi Agency Awareness training or the Second Worker training and not both.
- To raise awareness of the Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007.
- To clarify the principles, duties and responsibilities under the Act for all multi agency employees.
- To raise awareness of organisational procedures and guidelines.
- To inform staff of their duty of recognition and referral of adults at risk of harm.
- To raise awareness of the importance of multi agency working in adult support and protection.
Course provider: Social Work Services
Who should attend
All members of the Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership who in the course of their duties come into contact with adults who may be at risk of harm.
Only health staff nominations can be accepted via eESS. All social work staff should apply through the Social Work Services.
- C1 – Communication
- C2 – Personal and People Development
- C3 – Health, Safety and Security
- C6 – Equality and Diversity
Duration: 3.5 Hours
To book a place on the course, please use the eESS Learner self-service facility. From the Learner Home page, enter the course name in the box at the top of the page to see all available dates. You can also use keywords to search for courses. Remember to have your eESS user id and password available to access the system.
Guidance on how to search for Learning and Development on eESS OLM can be found below.
- Quick Start User Guide OLM
- How to Search for Learning and Development on eESS OLM
- How to Navigate the System
Full access to all Standard Operating Procedures and e-learning videos is available via: https://www.eess.nhs.scot.
If you need any information on specific course content, please contact Angela McGowan, Senior Learning and Development Officer on 0141 550 7700. Regarding the booking process, please do not hesitate to contact Learning and Education Support Team on 0141 278 2700 (Option 3).