Policy and Guidance Documents
- Stress in the Workplace Policy
- Working together to tackle stress
- Work Related Stress Management Manual Guidance
- Management Guidance for Implementation of Stress in the Workplace Policy
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Policy
- Occupational Health – Mental Health and Wellbeing at Work
- Stress and Wellbeing at Work.
The Stress survey process document has been created to explain the steps that require to be taken before contacting Health and Safety to request that a stress survey be undertaken.
Forms within Policy/Guidance Documents
- Stress Policy Appendix 6 (example 1) Individual Risk Assessment
- Stress Policy Appendix 6 (example 2a) Individual Risk Assessment
- Stress Policy Appendix 6 (example 2b) Action Plan.
Stress and Wellbeing at Work
Useful resources, help and support
- Self help for staff
- Immediate Help
- Mental Health and Wellbeing policy
- Occupational Health Service. In addition to the help and advice on their page, Occupational Health can provide training for Managers on Tackling Stress in the Workplace. To enquire about the training course being delivered on your work site, please email Occupational Health on OccHealth@ggc.scot.nhs.uk
- Resilience Toolkit
- Employee Counselling
- Money worries
- Mentally Healthy Workplace Online Training. An online course is available to staff via NHS Health Scotland’s virtual learning environment . Staff should log onto http://elearning.healthscotland.com and follow the instructions for creating a new account, then click on the icon for Healthy Working Lives and select Mentally Healthy Workplace Online Training. The course will take 1 – 2 hours to complete.
- Royal College of Nursing – Healthy Workplace, Healthy You resources and toolkit
- UNISON – Stress
- There For You: UNISON Welfare information and support on money worries and wellbeing
External sources of support
- Scottish Centre for Healthy Working Lives – informative pages on stress management and mental wellbeing at work
- See Me in Work –mental health charity concerned with tackling stigma
- Mind – mental health charity with a wide range of information and resources
- ‘Ahead for Health’ – Mental Health in the workplace DVD, useful to show at team meetings
- NICE are the gold standard for evidence in health and have produced guidance for employers on how to promote mental wellbeing at work.
- Be Mindful Online – UK’s only evidence based online mindfulness course, supported by Mental Health Foundation
- How To – Guides on Mental Health
- Fundamental Facts on Mental Health
- Free confidential phone service for anyone in Scotland experiencing low mood, depression or anxiety – Breathing Space
- A simple guide to stressing less & enjoying life more – Steps for Stress
- Free telephone service through NHS 24, providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and support – Living Life
- Information on mental health & wellbeing – NHS Inform Mental Health Zone