The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 states that employers shall make suitable and sufficient risk assessments of the risks to the health and safety of employees and non-employees for the purposes of identifying the measures that require to be taken to comply with statutory requirements.
Risk Assessment is intrinsic to Healthcare management to facilitate assurance that risks are adequately controlled. Although the methodology of risk assessment is consistent, it may be applied in different ways depending on the subject matter.
Generic Risk Assessment Forms
Most risks will be able to be assessed using the generic forms below.
Additional Risk Assessment Forms
Some topics requiring a more in-depth assessment have their own forms. These forms include prompts and further information guiding you through the process.
- Display Screen Equipment
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Lone Working – Home or Community Risk Assessment – First Visit
- New & Expectant Mothers
Moving and handling
- Generic Load Risk Assessment Form
- Generic Client – In-patient Risk Assessment Form
- Specific Client – In-patient Risk Assessment Form
- Specific Client – In-patient Intervention Plan
- Specific Client – Community Risk Assessment
Violence and Aggression Reduction
Template Risk Assessments
- Covid-19 Generic Risk Assessment
- Equipment & Machinery
- Lone working & domiciliary visits
- Mobile Phones
- Procurement and Use of portable electric fans (bladed and closed units) within the workspace
- Sharps – Safe Handling, Use and Disposal (Acute settings)
- Sharps – Safe Handling, Use and Disposal (Partnerships settings)
- Slips, trips and falls in the community
- Softcare Med Gel H5
- Wet work activities
- Violence and Aggression.