eESS will be much more than a change of ‘HR’ systems – it will mean a fundamental change to working practices for everyone, particularly so for Self Service system.
All Line Managers (Band 6 or above) will have access to Manager Self Service and will be responsible for a approving/declining any requests submitted by employees. Line Managers will manage transactions in relation to changes in employment and so much more!
Below is examples of what Managers can do (role dependent):
Manager Self Service
- You can Approve, Reject, Return for Correction or Re-assign the request
- Once approved as per Career Break Policy
- Used in conjunction with “Change of Position” and “Change of Location”
- Once approved as per Flexible Working Policy
- Only complete if there is no other Change i.e. Band, position etc
- Change of Position should be used if other changes required
- Releasing Manager completes transaction as per Change Position
- Releasing Manager required to note first 4 digits of new post descriptor as this required for “Change of Cost Centre”
- Grade Point – will be processed by Payroll in line with terms and conditions
- Complete Change of Cost Centre
- Enter the first 4 digits of new of new post descriptor into “Main Account Code” field.
- For Change or promotion within own Team
- Record transaction as per Change Position – sections 1 – 3
- Releasing Manager to contact eESS Data Team to release staff member to new manager from effective date
- Maternity Leave
- Security Pass. Parking Permit, IT hardware, phones, keys, uniforms etc
- Complete after each episode of absence
Terminate an Employee (one position)
- If employee has more than 1 position within the Organisation please refer to Termination (multiple assignments)
- For ease, please select Step by Step Guide for detailed process
- Assignment Number, start date. Job, Band etc
A number of step by step guides have been drafted to guide managers through some of the main transactions that require to be completed by eESS:
In line with local arrangements there may be requirements to setup Proxy Users across NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC) for Manager Self Service.
A proxy user is someone who will transact self-service functions on behalf of:
- a line manager; or
- peer employees
- via self-service-based access.
Proxy for Manager Self Service must be specifically requested to and setup from the eESS Support Team. This Guidance Note outlines the process for doing this and details the governance rules associated with Proxy Users: Proxy User Brief